Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vermont trip

I decided to take the kids to New England this year.  They'd never been to the Big E (the New England state fair) and never had fried dough!!  For you Southerners, fried dough is sort of like funnel cake, but it's only one piece, fried, with your option of toppings (although I think it's best with powdered sugar!).

We had a great time!  We not only went to the Big E and ate...and ate...and ate...oh my goodness....  we had lobster rolls, blueberry pie, maple cotton candy, fried dough (a few times!), fried veggies, hotdogs....


We also went to VINS....an amazing place near Quechee, VT with eagles, hawks, owls, vultures, and other various birds that are rehabilitating.  We LOVED it and would go again in a minute.  As an added bonus, it was definitely educational, but the kids didn't even notice, they were having so much fun!

We got to see where my cousin lives and works (a horse barn) and meet her horse, Glitter.  Caroline and Victoria rode her, as did my Nana.  My mother-in-law threw a little tea party, too, which was great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment