Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas and New Year's?

I went to post about this and cannot find any pictures of these two days.  How is that possible?  NO pictures?  Not even one?  I find that very hard to believe, so I'm going to recap a bit and then hunt down some SD cards and see if I can find anything...anything at all.

Christmas was lovely - as always.  I do love Christmas carols and the cookies we bake for everyone.  It's always good for us to get our eyes off ourselves and look to others' needs.

 My parents spent Christmas day with my sister and her husband, while Tim's parents came to church with us Christmas Eve, then home to our house for our traditional "German" spread (cold cuts and rolls), and then presents!

The next morning we opened stockings, had cinnamon rolls, pomegranate, pineapple, and bacon.  Cleaned up from that and started making lunch - beef tenderloin, twice-baked potatoes, Caesar salad, and shrimp.  Then, I officially closed the kitchen!  There were PLENTY of leftovers and I was TIRED!

My parents and the in-laws returned to celebrate Christmas all together on New Year's Eve.  We all draw names, so that's when we exchanged gifts.  My parents went home to take care of their chickens and cat, then returned to have chicken-fried steak for lunch.  At least we eat well for our holidays!

Oh, and I found some pictures.  Not all of them, but a few.  <whew>

No comments:

Post a Comment